Video tandems for children and adults
A tandem or a twin is a form of bicycle/tricycle designed to be ridden by more than one person. The term tandem refers to the seating arrangement (fore to aft, not side by side). A tandem is a suitable alternative for people who cannot cycle or participate in traffic alone. In this article we will introduce you to an instructional video with various Van Raam tandems.
Tandems for adults and parent-child tandems
The Van Raam tandems are used to enjoy cycling together. Van Raam has various types of tandems where driver and passenger sitting behind one another.
- Twinny: Two-wheel tandem suitable for adults.
- Twinny Plus: three-wheel tandem suitable for adults.
- Kivo: Two-wheel tandem with a child in front and an adult behind. (the adult/supervisor sit’s in the back instead of in front, enabling to keep an eye on the child/passenger).
- Kivo Plus: Three-wheel tandem with a child in front of an adult and an adult. the adult/supervisor sit’s in the back instead of in front, enabling to keep an eye on the child/passenger).
All Van Raam tandems are available with pedal support / electric motor so that cycling is even easier.
In addition to the above-mentioned tandems, sitting behind together, we also produce a bike with two riders side by side, also called a sociable. Watch the instructionalvideo of the Fun2Go side-by-side tandem here.
Do You want to know more about tandems? Read "What is a tandem bicycle?
Video electric Van Raam tandem bikes
In the video below, you will find the various two-wheel tandems and tricycle-tandems for children and adults with, for example:
- Kivo child-parent two-wheel-tandem and Kivo Plus child-parent tricycle-tandem.
- Various options, like foot-fixation, backrest, Silent electric engine and divisble frame.
- Solid bicycle kickstand.
- Powerful pedal support with three support levels and starting aid/launch control.
- Enough space between two passengers.
- Switch hub with 3 positions:
- Switchable freewheel position 1: child’s pedals move freely.
- Switchable freewheel position 2: child can pedal at will.
- Switchable freewheel position 3: child is forced to pedal.
- Reverse cycling possible with tricycle-tandems (Kivo Plus and Twinny Plus).
- Electric Twinny two-wheel tandem for adults (also available as a tricycle-tandem).